A resume is probably one of the first things most people think of when applying for jobs. As a student with minimal work experience or a first-time job-seeker, you may have some questions about what you should put on your resume. Here are answers to a few basic first-time resume questions you might have (these questions come from a list created by Monster).
- Should my resume be one page or two?
- The rule that a resume should be one page is a myth!
- What is important is that your resume is clear, concise and easy to read.
- It should also contain all the important information you need to let an employer know your skills and experience.
- Should I list my school address, permanent address or both?
- It is best to use the address where the employer will actually be able to reach you for the next few weeks.
- Should my resume include only paid experience?
- Employers are interested in your skills so feel free to list non-paying and volunteer work experience.
Below are some different types and styles of resumes for you to check out: