Check it out – Take a tour!
Now that you’ve narrowed down your college search to a small list, you are on the verge of making a final decision on where to go. Before you make that giant leap, we recommend you schedule a college tour.
Many colleges have open houses and orientation schedules posted on their website. College tours are often given by current students that can answer all of your questions. By taking a tour you and your family will have the opportunity to:
- Sit in on a class.
- Eat in the cafeteria.
- Visit a dormitory.
- Speak with current students.
- Visit the campus student center.
- Scope out the gym & library.
College Tour Tips
To maximize your college tours, here are some tips:
- To get the full experience, schedule your tour when classes are in session.
- When scheduling a tour, verify that your guide is aware of your academic interests.
- Students and professors are a great resource to get real insight on academic & campus life. So talk to as many as you can!
- To make your final decision easier, create a journal capturing highlights of your tour, which can include:
- Brochures & Newspapers.
- Bulletin Board Flyers & Postings.
- Photos You Took.
- Your Notes.
- A Pros & Cons List.
- A Resource Checklist.
Your tour can be a major factor in your decision as it provides you with hands-on information that a website can’t give. To be fully prepared, make your campus visit checklist today!
Big school, medium or small? What is right for you?
Coming back to campus can be hard. What have you seen that’s helped the most?
Use the comments below to answer!